The District is committed to reducing GHGs in daily operations as well as policies and procedures:
- Development of a Strategic Energy Management Plan (SEMP) has led to improved management of electricity and natural gas use in the District’s buildings.
- Ongoing optimization of systems that control heating and cooling in buildings is resulting in significant reduction in energy consumption.
- Higher energy use lights have been converted to LED lighting in the Seniors’ Activity Centre, Aquatic Centre, Operations Centre, and Gleneagles and Main Community Centres.
- Ongoing awareness campaigns for staff and the public related to energy use and solid waste.
- Adoption of more energy efficient technologies where available when replacing older equipment.
- Ongoing conversion of ornamental streetlights to LED.
- Enhanced tracking and reporting of corporate energy use.